What Are Creative Arts?
The Vine’s in-house Creative Arts department produces the visual art, media and communications for church-wide initiatives, ministries and events. We believe that the arts reflect an important part of God’s character, and that He takes great delight when we follow in His steps and become creators ourselves. Part of our vision is to help develop and encourage the arts within our church community, and to become pioneers in visual art and communication in our city. We hope to use design to express the heart of God and bridge the gap between the Pastoral Team and Congregation, and to encourage people to use their creativity in whatever form that may take.
We currently have four full-time staff members:
Rylie Siu, Videographer, aka. Night Owl: Conceptualises, produces, films and edits visual media (videos) which include Vine News, event promos, MyStory and supplement video content for sermon series.
Michelle Tng, Communications Officer, aka. Special Agent: Manages the website and social media, internal communication, all external communications which include The Vine e-news, Vine news scripts etc. Makes sure that all content is consistent with The Vine’s core values. Communicates with other departments in cross-departmental projects to ensure success with each campaign.
Sheron Cheung, Graphic Designer, aka. Derp President: Creates original design/branding concept for sermon series, ministries and events (posters/building graphics, powerpoint templates, marketing material, social media graphics, web graphics). Creates and implements The Vine branding.
Airam Dato-on, Graphic Designer, aka. Corgi Cat: Does the same thing as Sheron. Plant whisperer.
• Strive for Intimacy: finding inspiration in God and building a deeper relationship with Him together.
• Achieve a level of excellence and taking ownership of our work.
• Move in unity as a team.
• Use innovative thinking that is intentional in any form of media and design.
• Support all other ministries and departments in achieving their communication goals.
• Using design to express the heart of God and bridge the gap between pastors and congregation.
The Creative Arts department is always on the lookout for dynamic and awesome people to serve the church with us.
Some basic requirements:
• An energy for coming up with fresh, innovative ideas and a desire to contribute to brainstorming sessions
• A go-getter with initiative and ownership over their learning experience
• A willing and fast learner with a good attitude towards work
• A keen interest in learning more and to working collaboratively with others
• Interest or experience in marketing – including website maintenence, copywriting, social media marketing
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Self motivator
• Some experience in using design programs (Adobe Creative Suite/Final Cut Pro) and website management preferred but not required
• Able to come in on weekdays during office hours
• Must commit to a minimum of 4 weeks
To apply, please fill in the form below and send your CV, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org